Sunday, February 5, 2012

Being a Man

I have not posted here in quite some time, and I dont really know why. Like everyone else I have my fair share of annoyances and general griefs that are part of life. I guess, it's easy to say that my life is going amazingly well and that all my problems are gone, but we all know problems are a part of life. I went against someone who decided to make a public statement about a flag recently, but that felt more of blowing hot air than anything being accomplished. I think I was more bothered by men not being Men.

If I have an issue in my life I have no problems coming up to the person causing me injury and having a discussion... or thrown fist.. about this issue. I was raised by a father who took the needed amount of shit at work, and brought that home to his family. I will not say I felt loved as a child, but I never went without. Discipline I know first hand from my father, and it was attempted to teach me the worth of money. I have learned hard lessons about the later. My rant is that Men as it where are ceasing to exist.

My father and grandfather come from the.. dont call in, work your ass off, and die broken but satisfied in all that you do. They are Men. What I am seeing now is a complete lack of balls from the XY genome in America. Let us refer to this as the "Pussification of America". I was taught and raised to speak for myself and be a leader for my family. What I see is an entire group of "men" who cannot nor will not stand up for themselves in even the most basic fashion. I am not talking about people who go to the protests, they are an entire different matter. What I speak of is men who will take a minor slight, and instead of dealing with it as a Man, they bring it before the news, or smear it all over the internet, and sit back with a delighted shiver that they have aired their issue without reprisal. Simply I will say this:
Grow some fucking BALLS. If you have an issue, speak to the person you have issue with. Dont hide behind the media or your computers. Get face to face with someone, make an argument, and deal with the outcome.
The song Omerta by Lamb of God has a short spoken verse in the beginning that sums it all up.
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.


I think that sums up what is means to be a Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment